The Augmented Humans (AHs) International Conference 2023 will be an in-person event, held in March 2023 in the Mazumdar-Shaw Advanced Research Centre (ARC, University of Glasgow).
The conference focuses on physical, cognitive, and perceptual augmentation of humans through digital technologies. The plural – humans – emphasizes the move towards technologies that enhance human capabilities beyond the individual and will have the potential for impact on a societal scale.
The idea of augmenting the human intellect has a long tradition, the term was coined by Douglas Engelbart in 1962 . Today, many of the technologies envisioned by Engelbart and other are commonplace, and looking towards the future, many technologies which amplify the human body and mind far beyond the original vision are within reach.
The conference proceedings are planned to be published in the ACM Digital Library as a volume in its International Conference Proceedings Series with ISBN.
On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to all the participants who attended and contributed to the success of the Augmented Humans conference this year. We are truly humbled by the level of engagement and enthusiasm that you brought to this event. Your insightful presentations, posters, demos, and discussions help to shape what this conference is all about.
We would also like to extend our appreciation to those who submitted their valuable scientific work for consideration, as well as to our keynote speaker, Florian Alt, the session chairs, and the student volunteers who all generously gave their time and expertise to make this conference possible. Finally, we hope that you enjoyed the conference dinner and had the opportunity to network and forge new collaborations with your colleagues. Your participation has made this conference a resounding success and we look forward to seeing you again in Australia next year.
Stay tuned for more information regarding AHs '24 soon!
TOMURA: A Mountable Hand-shaped Interface for Versatile Interactions
First Bite/Chew: Distinguish Typical Allergic Food by Two IMUs
Conducting and Mitigating Portable Thermal Imaging Attacks on User Authentication using AI-driven Methods
If you have a few minutes, we would love to hear your feedback! How did the Augmented Humans conference go in your eyes? What went well, what could have gone better, and what changes should be considered for next year? Thank you very much!
• Applications in tourism, games, art
• Security, privacy and trust aspects of augmented human technology
• Augmentation of human health through digital technologies
• Augmentation technologies for aspects of live (e.g., sleep, eating)
• Augmented, virtual and mixed reality
• Augmented sport activities
• Bionic systems for amplification and augmentation of human abilities
• Brain-machine interfaces
• Co-robots for human augmentation
• Digital technologies for physical, cognitive, mental, and perceptional augmentation
• Exoskeletons and assistive devices for the amplification of human physical strength and physiological sensing
• Implanted technologies and interfaces
• Sensing for context-awareness
• Sensors and actuators for smart artifacts and smart textiles
• Supernumerary robotic limbs
• Technologies to improve human experience and to reduce stress
• Tele-manipulation and tele-existence using robotics technology
• Training and rehabilitation technology
• Wearable computing and ubiquitous computing for augmenting human capabilities
The Augmented Humans conference offers many different possibilities for publishing, presenting, and discussing your work.
Take a look at the Calls for Participation page for more information regarding the submission categories, guidelines, and more.
|Full/Short Paper Submission Deadline|
|Full/Short Paper Review Deadline||12th January, 2023 (Anywhere on Earth)|
|Full/Short Paper Decision Notifications||22nd January, 2023|
|Posters Submission Deadline|
|Posters Camera-Ready Submission||9th February, 2023|
|Demos Submission Deadline|
|Demos Camera-Ready Submission||8th February, 2023|
|Workshop Proposals Submission Deadline|
|Workshop Proposals Decision Notifications|
|Submission deadlines for the approved workshops will be set by the workshop supervisors themselves. More information can be found on the respective workshop websites.|
The Augmented Humans conference will take place at the Mazumdar-Shaw Advanced Research Centre (ARC) at the University of Glasgow (see on Google Maps).
The ARC is located within the University of Glasgow’s Gilmorehill Campus, a stone’s throw from Byers road and its subway station and numerous bus links.
See https://peoplemakeglasgow.com for more details on public transit in and around Glasgow.
Photo courtesy of Keith Hunter.